- April 2011 for one day
Singapore Flyer (massive ferris wheel and on clear days you are meant to be able to see as far as Indonesia);
Walk around the city and along the foreshore, you pass numerous shopping complexes.
- Malay but English is widely spoken and you will not have any issues
- Hello: Hello / Hai
- Thank you: Terima kasih (TREE-muh KAH-seh)
- Good bye: Selamat tinggal (SLAH-maht tin-GAHL)
- Yes / No: Ya / tidak
- The visa for Singapore is free for Australians
- Singapore Dollar (1.25 SIN = $1 USD)
- Dumplings, noodle soup, wontons
Tips and tricks
- Grab a map of the city and walk around, if you get yourself lost, you will easily find your way again and if not, most people will help you out.
- There is a cool butterfly garden at Changi airport which you can walk through – thought this was very odd but cool.
Singapore blog posts